What does a career in Oceanography mean?
What does a career in Oceanography entail?
• It is a challenging and a developing career opportunity.
• It provides vast prospects for those who want to discover the unknown of the oceans.
• The basic work of an oceanographer involves collecting data samples, conduct surveys and analyse data in the sea for long hours.
• Basic level science is needed to study the oceans as an oceanographer.
• You have to study the motion of the ocean waters and also their physical and chemical properties.
• It is a research oriented job, with a long time spent at the seas.
• You can work in several fields such as:
- Marine biology
- Geological oceanography
- Physical oceanography
- Chemical Oceanography