What is a look-up? - Abinitio
What is a look-up?
- A lookup file represents a set of serial files / flat files
- A lookup is a specific data set that is keyed.
- The key is used for mapping values based on the data available in a particular file
- The data set can be static or dynamic.
- Hash-joins can be replaced by reformatting and any of the input in lookup to join should contain less number of records with a slim length of records
- Abinitio has certain functions for retrieval of values using the key for the lookup