What is Base Locator for Linkage(BLL)? - CICS
What is Base Locator for Linkage(BLL)?
- BLL is an addressing convention that is used for addressing storage outside the working Storage Section.
- Performance is improved when BLL is used for input commands like READ, RECEIVE.
- The program’s performance will improve as the program is accessed the input buffers directly.
- The list of parameters must be defined by a 01 level data definition in Linkage Section.
- VS COBOL II has significant improvements for CICS applications in the addressability area through special ADDRESS register.