What is CICS?
What is CICS (Customer Information Control System)?
- CICS is a transaction server that runs primarily on IBM Mainframe under z/OS and z/VSE.
- IT is designed for rapid and hi-volume online transaction processing.
- Over 90% of Fortune 500 companies are relying on CICS for the core business functions.
- Bank-teller application, ATM systems, industrial production control systems are some of the business domains where CICS is used.
- With the cutting edge technology integration, CICS supports Web services and Enterprise Java Beans.