What is Digital Rights Management? - Media
What is Digital Rights Management?
- Digital Rights Management is a buzz word used by publishers or copyright owners for controlling the access to and usage of digital information.
- DRM restricts specific process of digital work or device.
- DRM schemes are anti-competitive, duplicate information restricted.
- Enterprise Digital Rights Management restricts the access to specific software, unless the user is provided with a valid key.
- Water marks are embedded into the actual files / documents to keep track the copyright information.
- Watermarks provide copyright agencies with criminal evidence to prosecute users who obtain files illegally.