What is Hierarchy Flattening? - Data Integration
What is Hierarchy Flattening?
- Construction of parent/child relationships hierarchy is known as Hierarchy Flattening.
- A description of hierarchy in the vertical or horizontal format is produced.
- The hierarchy pattern includes Parent column, Child Column, Parent Attributes and Child Attributes.
- Hierarchy Flattening allows to understand the basic hierarchy of BI in a lucid manner.
- As the flattening is done in horizontal or vertical format, the sub elements are easily identified.