What is Impulse Response? - Telecommunications
What is Impulse Response?
- Impulse Response of a system is the result that is presented with a brief input signals.
- Linear, Time-Invariant Systems are characterized by the response of their impulses.
- It is easy to analyze the systems that implements transfer functions. This is done by Laplace transform of the impulse response function.
- The output of the system can be determined in time domain by convolution of the input function with the impulse response function.
- The response of impulse and the response of Kronecker delta input are finite, as it settles zero in a finite number of interval samples.
- This process is done by Finite Impulse Response filter.