What is Simple Network Management Protocol? - Telecommunications
What is Simple Network Management Protocol?
- SNMP is one of the UDP-based network protocols.
- Monitoring network-attached devices for various administrative attentions, is the main purpose of SNMP.
- SNMP is one of the protocol suites that are designed by Internet Engineering Task Force.
- It has application layer database schema, protocol, and a group of data objects.
- The basic messages, SET, GET, GET-NEXT, GET-RESPONSE and TRAP are the common messages that communicates between the SNMP manager and the SNMP agent.