What is Speed Screen Latency Reduction? - Citrix
What is Speed Screen Latency Reduction?
- SLR is built into MetaFrame Presentation servers and ICA client systems that provides users to experience smooth typing, where the latency is high between ICA client and the server.
- Smooth typing experience is provided while writing MS Word document, where the latency is 200 / 500 or even 1000ms of latency between them.
- Speed Screen Latency Reduction provides local text echo.
- This allows characters to be appeared on the ICA client device screen.
- After pressing a key, the ICA client sends the key press code to the server.
- The server processes the key sent, places the character into the screen buffer.
- Finally it sends the latest screen image to the client device.