What is TGT?
What is TGT?
TGT stands for Trained Graduate Teacher. TGT is not the name of the course. It is a title. B.Ed. is a TGT course. So if you are a graduate and you further earn a bachelor degree in Education, you become a TGT. In simple terms (Graduate + B.Ed. = TGT)
There is another term, PGT, which stands for Post Graduate Teacher. Again, it is not the name of a course, it is a title. A candidate who is a post graduate along with a degree in Education (either B.Ed. or M.Ed.) is a PGT. Thus, (Post graduation + B.Ed./M.Ed. = PGT).
From where can I get a degree in teaching?
Different Colleges and Universities conduct different examinations for a candidate to become eligible for B.Ed. A candidate can go for PTET (Pre Teachers Entrance Test) or TET (Teachers Entrance Test). CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) conducts CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test). There is a long list of colleges affiliated with the board which is conducting these entrance tests. A number of Universities run distance learning courses. Some of the universities and colleges are:
- School of Education, Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Delhi University
- Rajasthan University
- JSS Institute of Education, Bangalore
- National Council of Teacher Education, New Delhi
- Vivekananda Bachelor of Education College, Karnataka
- Gian Jyoti Institute of Bachelor Education, Kangra, Himachal Pradesh
- About TGT and PGT -Sunny Maurya (07/18/19)
- I would like to collect information where a TGT and PGT teacher can go for his/her teaching.
Please do inform me about CTET and TET deifferences in all manners.