What is the difference between _root and parent? - Flash
What is the difference between _root and parent?
- _root is the super parent for all movieClips.
- _root accesses Outer MovieClip
- _parent is used to access a particular MovieClip’s parent
- Example : Assume that a movie named MovieHolder is available and MovieHolder2_mc on stage. Inner1_mc is inside MovieHolder_me
- To access the MovieHolder, execute the following
_root.MovieHolder2_mc. – [ Direct Access ]
inner1_mc._parent._parent.MovieHolder2_mc - [ Accessing through InnerMovie ]