What is the difference between a connected look up and unconnected lookup? - Informatica
What is the difference between a connected look up and unconnected lookup?
- Connected lookup is used to provide the input values that are taken from the transformation directly, where unconnected lookup doesn’t take the values directly.
- Connected lookup is connected to the database for the purpose of synchronization, whereas unconnected lookup doesn’t have any synchronization technique in place.
- Connected lookup provides the transformations that are in the pipeline, whereas unconnected lookup doesn’t provide the provision to have pipelines.
- Connected lookup can’t be used for other transformation like expression, etc. whereas unconnected lookup can only be used with the transformation.
- Connected lookup can’t be called for multiple times in a mapping, whereas connected lookup can be called multiple times.