What is the difference between an Array and Vector? - ActionScript
What is the difference between an Array and Vector?
- Array is a list of characters stored in a contiguous memory locations whereas, vectors can be stored according to the memory allocated.
- Arrays are written in ActionScript and the type of array can be any and it can consist of any values as well whereas, the vector consists of multi-dimensional arrays.
- Arrays provide a way to retrieve the values and are easy to use, whereas vectors are not that easy to use and require manipulative tasks to be performed.
- Arrays are not typed and don’t use any other array form, whereas vectors are typed and uses arrays where the value of it either remains defined or null.
- There is no bound checking on arrays, whereas there are boundary checking’s that has been performed on vectors.