What is the difference between Make-To-Order Production with and without Assembly processing?
Make-To-Order Production without Assembly Processing:
• The requirement quantity, delivery date and date configuration specifications are transferred from sales order to materials planning as an individual customer requirement.
• Bill of material are exploded and dependent requirements for assemblies and components are generated.
• The system returns the confirmed quantity and delivery date from the production order to the sales order.
Make –To-Order Production with Assembly Processing:
• The individual components for the final product have already been processed for the make-to-order production with assembly production.
• Only one level bill of material explosion is needed.
• Planning run is not needed at this point for make-to-order production with assembly processing.