What is the difference between partitioning with key / hash and round robin? - Abinitio
What is the difference between partitioning with key / hash and round robin?
Partitioning by Key / Hash Partition :
- The partitioning technique that is used when the keys are diverse
- Large data skew can exist when the key is present in large volume
- It is apt for parallel data processing
Round Robin Partition :
- This partition technique uniformly distributes the data on every destination data partitions
- When number of records is divisible by number of partitions, then the skew is zero.
- For example – a pack of 52 cards is distributed among 4 players in a round-robin fashion.