What is the difference between Router and Filter? - Informatica
What is the difference between Router and Filter?
- Router transformation provides the division of the incoming records into multiple groups using the condition mentioned, whereas Filter transformation doesn’t take care of division.
- Router transformation provides mutually inclusive groups to have the same records, whereas Filter transformation used to restrict the incoming record.
- Router transformation doesn’t block the incoming record, whereas Filter transformation blocks or restricts the incoming record on the condition given.
- Router transformation doesn’t block the record that is being used, whereas Filter transformation doesn’t provide the default groups.
- Router transformation allows the record that doesn’t match the routing conditions, whereas Filter transformations are used not to match the condition.
- RE: What is the difference between Router and Filter? - Informatica -ankita Jain (06/09/14)
- Router transformation is used to move data to different group depending upon the c condition.. where as filter is too filter out the unmatched record and it will give output to single group only..
I found a good example at below site: http://www.tecktricks.com/difference-between-filter-transformation-and-router-transformation-in-informatica/