What is the function of Socket? - Web Security
What is the function of Socket?
- Sockets are very important from the security point of view as it is a method that allows directing of the data to application using TCP/IP protocols.
- It provides a way to combine the IP address and the port number so that a socket can be created and used.
- Web server and the client system both have a virtual environment on which there are sockets that allow the communication to happen between both the parties.
- Client system communicates with the server using the sockets that are opened on the system and by plugging the wire to the server and client system.
- Run() method used in Scoket allow the connection to be established that is coming from the client side.
- It also has a function accept() that is given in ServerSocket that returns the number corresponding to the request generated.