What is the function that transfers a string into a decimal? - Abinitio
What is the function that transfers a string into a decimal?
- Use decimal cast with the size in the transform() function, when the size of the string and decimal is same.
- Ex: If the source field is defined as string(8).
- The destination is defined as decimal(8)
- Let us assume the field name is salary.
- The function is out.field :: (decimal(8)) in salary
- If the size of the destination field is lesser that the input then string_substring() function can be used
- Ex : Say the destination field is decimal(5) then use…
- out.field :: (decimal(5))string_lrtrim(string_substring(in.field,1,5))
- The ‘ lrtrim ‘ function is used to remove leading and trailing spaces in the string