What is the method of Dead store elimination? - FORTRAN
What is the method of Dead store elimination?
- Dead store elimination is a method that allows the compiler to detect the variables that are not being used and it ignores the operations that are involved in computing their values.
- The operations have to be performed and can’t be ignored if there are non-intrinsic function calls.
- These functions have some side effects as they need to be called to calculate the operations.
- Programs used in this perform the performance test and it performs the computations that can be used to optimize the code.
- The programs that don’t have real computations need to be avoided as the result can be written to a file that is enough to trick the compiler in checking.