What is the process to differentiate between HTML and WML clients? - WAP
What is the process to differentiate between HTML and WML clients?
- The differentiation is done on the basis of the user requesting the URL from the web browser having the WAP compatible device.
- Web server is attached with the WAP Gateway that serves the request by sending the HTTP Header that differentiates different User Agent.
- The user agents request the URL and on the basis of the request server response using the server side scripts.
- Server side script examines the value and generates the WML corresponding to the application that is running.
- WML gets generated on the basis of request if the devices are WAP compatible otherwise HTML gets generated where the user agent can be detected.