What is the significance of DATABASE SWEEPS? - IDMS
What is the significance of DATABASE SWEEPS?
- Area sweep is a time consuming process and is used only when necessary.
- Obtain the first record type with OBTAIN FIRST along with WITHIN AREA.
- Use OBTAIN FIRST prior to processing OBTAIN NEXT along with WITHIN AREA to ensure currency properly.
- Retain the record currencies carefully when one or more record type are processed during area sweep.
- Only one record can be CURRENT of the AREA, before processing the OBTAIN NEXT.
- When the end of the record type is reached within a specific area, discontinue the sweep of the area.
- While sweeping sorted records in a given account area, the account number 99999999 is encountered.