> Banking Interview Questions
> What should you wear to a Bank Interview?
What should you wear to a Bank Interview?
A candidate’s attire plays a supporting role in the interview as it is the first thing observed by an interviewer. Some people dress up for an interview as they would dress up for a party or a date which is a big turn off for the interviewers.
Your attire at work place should be as per the environment and work culture. The work environment at a bank is very formal where you may need to deal with a lot of customers as well. Your dress up should be appropriate and comfortable for you to deal with them. Interview is the perfect time to convey your readiness for the job and your attire conveys a lot.
You are not expected to wear very expensive clothes in the interview. All that is important is, you should be wearing clean and well ironed decent clothes.
Attire for male candidates at a bank interview
- A two piece matched suit is the best and safest choice. However, don’t combine a suit jacket with pants that don’t match. Avoid wearing a very costly suit to the interview, let it be decent and nominal.
- Choose a solid or very subtle weave pattern or plaid. Black, Navy blue and dark grey are a good color choice.
- If you can’t afford a suit, its OK to wear a light colored full shirt paired with dark trouser.
- Pair the suit or shirt with a good tie – prefer it to be plain. Do not wear floral or ties with character prints.
- Observe whether people from the bank are wearing a tie or not. In case they are not, you can avoid it too.
- The belt should be dark in color too.
- Avoid wearing any material with a glossy finish to the interview.
- Wear dark socks with mid-calf length so that no skin is visible even when you sit down.
- The candidate should wear black or brown colored formal shoes. Sport shoes to an interview are a big “NO”
- Never try a new look before going to the interview. Take hair cut at least 3-5 days ago.
- The male candidates should only wear the watch. If you have got pierced ear, remove the ring.
Attire for female candidates at a bank interview
- Female candidates should try to find out about the culture of the bank before they go for the interview & dress accordingly.
- The female candidates can choose from trousers paired with shirts, sarees and salwar – kameez.
- If you choose a trouser, it should be dark colored paired with a light color formal shirt.
- Candidates wearing salwar-kameez should choose simple cotton suit in light shade. The suit must be simple and not filled with too much embroidery or other work. Do not wear a party wear salwar suit.
- Keep the make-up conservative. Use a little make-up just to give a polished look.
- Avoid wearing dark color lipstick or nail colors.
- The nails must be clean and well groomed. If you are wearing a nail color it should be light in colour which is even applied on all the nails. Chapped nail polish looks bad.
- The hair must be neatly tied up. They should not bother you in the mid of the interview.
- Trousers should be paired with dark color formal shoes.
- Females wearing saree or salwar kameez can wear flat or lightly heeled chappals. Avoid wearing high heels to the interview.
- If you are carrying a purse it must be simple and small. Avoid carrying large bags. Don’t use red, green, blue, yellow purses. Black and brown are the good choices.
Next >> Bank Personal interview questions