What would have happened if the least privilege principle being followed? - Web Security
What would have happened if the least privilege principle being followed?
- Least privilege principle allowed the use of commands with more security and provided the processes with fewer resources that were unwanted.
- The command that were used to be situated with the set-uid to root that allowed the system to be accessed.
- The commands were used not in a better way to help people use it but they were used in an improper way of creating the directories and running it on their own.
- The root account was made less accessible by any user and no authorization is given on that front to run the file or any process again until it is required.
- There are many sub processes used to handle the commands so that it can’t interfere in other processes.
- This principle minimized the damage of having the viruses attacked the system and steal the information.