Wipro Placement Experience and Process for Freshers - 2016
Wipro - one of the trusted brand and global leader in IT came to our college in Trivandrum, Kerala for campus recruitment. It conducted the process in three steps:
1. Aptitude Test and Essay writing
2. Technical Interview
3. Human Resource Interview
Around 350 students appeared in the first step i.e. Aptitude Test.The selection process was carried out in the following ways:1. Aptitude Test
Students were divided into two groups for the test:
i. Toppers - Students with 85% marks and above.
ii. Non-toppers - Students with less than 85% marks but no
The test was organized by AMCAT.
Those in topper group were allowed to appear for Technical interview and HR Interview directly while non-toppers had to take all three steps. Aptitude test consisted of -a.
Quantitative (15 minutes for 10 questions), b.
Logical Reasoning (15 minutes for 15 questions), c.
English (35 minutes for 25 questions) d.
Computer programming and debugging (15 minutes for 15 questions) (MCQ's).
Each section had a cutoff of 50%.
After completing these four sections, qualified 200 students had to proceed for essay writing round in which they had to write essay on given topic and the time given was 30 minutes for 300 words. Essay writing was to just check the grammar and typing speed.
Only 120 students got selected for technical round after this.2. Technical Interview
When I entered, I wished the interviewer Good Morning. He asked me to sit down and took a glance at my resume. The questions asked to me were:
- Introduce yourself.
- What do you know about Bluetooth?
- How is Share It faster than Bluetooth?
- Write and explain a program for one of my projects.
- Simple questions from DBMS and SQL.
- Definition of transponder and transducer.
- What is OOP concept in CPP?
- What is the difference between 3G and 4G?
- What are databases in C?
- Why you have chosen to appear for an interview at Wipro?
- What are your hobbies?
After completion of this round, they announced the result of those students who were selected for the third step i.e. HR Interview.3. Human Resources Interview
The question asked in the interview were:
- Tell about yourself that is not mentioned in your resume.
- Being a Mechanical student, why did you opt IT?
- Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?
- Are you planning to go for further studies?
- Who is you favorite author? Name some of his/her books.
- What is your greatest achievements?
- If you are stuck in any difficulty, then how will you solve it?
- Are you comfortable with sole work or team work?
- What are your strengths?
- What is the difference between confidence and over-confidence?
- Do you want to ask us anything about the company?
After the completion of HR interview, the results were displayed after one hour.
Around 90 students were finally selected.Some tips that can help you to crack the tests and interview:
- Time management is important to crack the aptitude test.
- Essay writing is an important section in the test. Be prepared for it.
- To write a structured and clear essay in given time, make a quick rough note of the headings and sub headings you would need for your essay.
- Elaborate upon these points in an easy way to understand and use correct language.
- Pay attention to the grammar and spellings in your essay.
- End it with a conclusion.
- Don't copy-paste the content for essay from Internet.
- Be prepared with some current happenings to include in your essay.
- Be thorough with your resume for the personal interview.
- Prepare your project well.