What is Master Page in ASP.NET?- It is an ASP.NET file with the .master extension with a predefined layout that can include static text, HTML elements and server controls.
- A Master page offers a template for one or more web forms.
- It defines placeholders for the content, which can be overridden by the content pages.
- The content pages contain only content.
- When users request the content page, ASP.NET merges the layout of the master page with the content of the content page and produce output.
- Master pages allow you to create a consistent layout for the pages in your application.
- It defines the look, feel and standard behavior that you want for all of the pages in your application.
- It provides a template for other pages, with shared layout and functionality.
- It contains markup and controls that should be across multiple pages in your site.