What is Business Process Execution Language (BPEL)?- It is a language that is executable for interaction specification along with Web services.
- The processes of BPCL will export and import information by utilizing exclusively web service interfaces.
- It allows web services in a service-oriented architecture (SOA) to interconnect and share data.
- It is used to invoke remote services, manage events and exceptions.
- It defines a notation for specifying business process behavior based on web services.
It can be described in two ways:
1. Executable business process
2. Abstract business process
- It is used to model the behavior of both executable and abstract processes.
1. Executable business process:
- This process model actual behavior of a participant in a business interaction.
2. Abstract business process:
- It is partially specified process which is not intended to be executed.
- It serves a descriptive role, with more than one possible use case.