What is convoy and correlation sets?1. A correlation set is a set of properties with specific values.
2. The correlation set can have a maximum of three properties used for correlation on the receive shapes.
3. A correlation type is a list of properties that eventually populates with values for use in routing messages.
4. A convoy exists any time that multiple single messages must be related to achieve the required result.
5. An orchestration instance might receive a group of correlated messages simultaneously, under certain conditions. BizTalk Server detects the potential for this race condition and treats these messages as a convoy so as to ensure that all of the correlated messages are received by the same orchestration instance.
6. The runtime creates a general subscription and identifies it as part of a convoy at enlistment.
7. After filling this subscription, the messaging engine creates a temporary subscription based on the values in the predefined correlation properties called a convoy set.
8. Thus, a convoy set is a group of correlation sets that are used in a convoy. All messages that match the general subscription are evaluated against the convoy set, and those that match are routed to an existing port.
9. There are two main types of convoys: sequential and parallel.
What is convoy and correlation sets?BizTalk server detects the potential for certain race conditions, which are ensured that all correlated messages are received by the same orchestration instance. The potentiality of these race conditions is detected by BizTalk server. These messages are treated as a ‘convoy’. A convoy set is a group of correlation sets. All such subsequent messages which match the general subscription are evaluated against the convoy set, and the matched convoys are routed to an existing port.