Explain the difference between a Distinguished field and a Promoted Property.The two ways to programmatically access an attribute or element in BizTalk are Distinguished Field and Promoted Property
Following is the explanation when to use which one:
1. If you need to route the information in the element/attribute OR track the it OR you need to use information that can only be dynamically created (not directly accessible), then use promoted property.
2. If you don't need to do any of this, then you should use a distinguished field.
3. Messaging solutions typically use promoted properties to route incoming messages to the correct destination.
4. To build a solution containing orchestrations that model business processes you should use distinguished fields.
5. In orchestrations you can use distinguished fields in a number of ways;
- conditions for looping and decisions shapes,
- expression shape and
- message assignment shape.
Explain the difference between a Distinguished field and a Promoted Property.A pipe line is used to write Distinguished Fields in the message context when a message is received on a port. Disassembler pipeline component such as XML and flat file disassemble does the job of writing the message context by the pipeline. In addition to it, custom pipeline component could also be performing it.
The promotion of Prompted Fields / Properties is done in the message context by a pipeline called receive pipeline at the time when a message is received on a port. This task is performed by disassembler pipeline component (XML or a flat file disassembler). In addition to it, custom pipeline component could also be performing it.