Books and Authors - Current Affairs for May, 2016
Books and Authors Current Affairs for May, 2016Month wise coverage of Books and Authors Current Affairs helps you improve your general knowledge and prepare for all competitive exams like IBPS, Bank PO, SBI PO, RRB, RBI, LIC, Specialist Officer, Clerk, SSC, UPSC, Railway etc. This section is updated daily with the most important events.
Preparing Books and Authors Current Affairs May, 20161. Read the most important Books and Authors Current affairs and facts here. 2. Take practice test of our Books and Authors MCQ and Objective type questions. 3. Clear any quiz, GK, job interview or competitive exam on current affairs.
- Month & Year
▼ Book titled Gujarat Files: Anatomy of a Cover Up launched [05-30-16]
Book entitled “Gujarat FIles:Anatomy of a Cover Up” authored by Rana Ayyub was released in may 2016
- Book is an account of investigation by Ayyub who posed as Maithili Tyagi, an American filmmaker out to investigate the Gujarat riots
- In Gujarat in 2010, she was also working for Tehelka magazine during this period
- Book narrates the story of fake encounters and murder of state Home Minister Haren Pandya
- Transcripts of the sting operation show the complicity of the state and officials in crimes against humanity
▼ Book on Mother Teresa launched [05-25-16]
The material in the book focuses on mercy and compassion and was compiled by the Rev. Brian Kolodiejchuk, who has led the case for Mother Teresa’s sainthood.
- Image, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, told The Associated Press on 24th May that it has set an August 16 release date for “A Call to Mercy: Hearts to Love, Hands to Serve.”
- The material in the book focuses on mercy and compassion and was compiled by the Rev. Brian Kolodiejchuk, who has led the case for Mother Teresa’s sainthood.
- On September 4, Pope Francis will declare Blessed Teresa of Calcutta a saint. She died in 1997, at age 87.
- Rev. Kolodiejchuk also edited “Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light: The Private Writings of the Saint of Calcutta,” published in 2007.
▼ My Favourite Nature Stories authored by Ruskin Bond released [05-24-16]
The book titled My Favourite Nature Stories authored by famous author Ruskin Bond was released on 19 May 2016.
- In the book, Bond details various encounters with the natural world. He offers detailed explanation why he has such an overwhelming love for nature.
- Apart from My Favourite Nature Stories, Bond also launched another book titled The World Outside My Window. In this book, he writes about some of the most interesting insects, birds, trees and flowers he has observed.
- Both the books were brought out by Rupa Publications to celebrate Ruskin Bond's 82nd birthday.
▼ Book on India-Pakistan relations released [05-12-16]
A forthcoming book titled India vs Pakistan: Why Can’t we just be Friends? was launched in second week of May 2016.
- The book is authored by former Pakistani Ambassador to the U.S. Husain Haqqani.
- This exposed the role of Pakistan in 26/11.
- The book is by South Asia expert, journalist, academic, political activist and ex ambassador of Pakistan to UK and Sri Lanka.
▼ Sania Mirza’s autobiography to be released in July [05-5-16]
Tennis fans across the nation will rejoice as Sania Mirza’s autobiography entitled “Ace Against Odds” will hit the stands in July
- Book published by Harper Collins has been penned by the tennis star and her father
- The 29 year old Hyderabad based player became an overnight sensation after clinching Junior Wimbledon's Championships doubles title
- Sania is currently India’s top tennis player
▼ Book on Jettys community of wrestlers released [05-3-16]
Jettys community of wrestlers knew the science of wrestling much before, according to C. Maheshwaran, author of the book Legacy of Jettys to be launched next week by Prince Yaduveer in Bengaluru.
- Maheshwaran took 10 years for research on the wrestling community and studied Royal kingdom of Mysore, apart from Thanjavur, Krishnadevaraya, Tipu Sultan, Gaekwads of Baroda and the Rajput King, Prithviraj Chauhan of Ajmer which patronised this community.
- The community’s original settlers were from Modhera in Gujarat. Nearly 400 families subsequently migrated to the south looking for royal patronage to the art in 1025 A.D., i.e., 991 years ago.