Famous Personalities - Current Affairs for September, 2016
Famous Personalities Current Affairs for September, 2016Month wise coverage of Famous Personalities Current Affairs helps you improve your general knowledge and prepare for all competitive exams like IBPS, Bank PO, SBI PO, RRB, RBI, LIC, Specialist Officer, Clerk, SSC, UPSC, Railway etc. This section is updated daily with the most important events.
Preparing Famous Personalities Current Affairs September, 20161. Read the most important Famous Personalities Current affairs and facts here. 2. Take practice test of our Famous Personalities MCQ and Objective type questions. 3. Clear any quiz, GK, job interview or competitive exam on current affairs.
- Month & Year
▼ 10th Sikh preceptor Guru Gobind Singh’s 350th birth anniversary celebrated [09-26-16]
The tenth Sikh preceptor Guru Gobind Singh is known to the world as the warrior saint
- He also wrote 17 verse collections part of the Dasam Granth- a separate religious text from Guru Granth Sahib
- He was born in 1666 in Patna
- He wrote 17 verse collections of which only one is in Punjabi- the remaining are in Hindi, braj, Bhojpuri, Persian and other languages
- Versatility of the Poet Guru is notable.
- 50 poets be patronised translated the Bhagwad Gita and and other religious texts from Sanskrit to Hindi
- Guruji was the true poet of veer ras.
- Zafarnama written by Guruji in Persian is a literary piece which is rare
- Guruji selected three Dalits among the 'panj pyaras' for creating the 'Khalsa' panth. The poor and the downtrodden were always in his mind.