What is an Event?- It is a message sent by an object to signal the occurrence of an action.
- The action could be caused by user interaction, such as mouse click etc.
- The object that raises the event is called the event sender.
- The object that captures the event and responds to it is called the event receiver.
- When an action is performed, this action is noticed by the computer application based on which the output is displayed. These actions are called events.
- Examples of events are pressing of the keys on the keyboard, clicking of the mouse. Likewise, there are a number of events which capture your actions.
- To respond to an event, you define an event handler method in the event receiver.