What basic steps are needed to display a simple report in crystal?Following are the steps required to display a simple report in crystal:
1. Create a web application project.
2. From the template select crystal report and add a new item. This will add a new RPT file in the solution explorer.
3. Double click on the RPT file and click on the crystal report → field explorer.
4. Right click on 'Database fields' on the field explorer and then click on database expert. Create new connection will expand. OLE DB ADO will expand. Select Microsoft OLEDB provider for the SQL Server ( this depends on what kind of data you want to connect ) server credentials are given. Click finish and done.
5. Right click on ‘Database fields' on the field explorer then click on database expert. The server, database are expanded and then select table which is to be added to the report.
6. Database fields and table are expanded. Drag and drop the fields on the report.
7. To display the report on the ASPX page 'CrystalReportViewer' control is required. Expand the crystal reports section of the toolbar and drag the component on the ASPX page
8. Code behind and specify the report source. Then compile and run the project and see the report live in action.