Body Language in a group discussion
One of the most important elements of communication is body language. Our gestures, hand movements, facial expressions etc come under body language.
When we communicate, it is very essential for us to have the correct body language to avoid offence to anyone.
- In a group discussion, Positive body gestures are a sign of confidence and security. They are a sign of active participation and leave a good impression.
- Positive gestures include Walking upright, Shaking hands confidently etc.
- Often body language conveys a lot of messages that words may not.
- A positive body language increases an impact on others.
- Body language helps to build a rapport with others.
- Body language helps to understand what others may try to convey.
- Body language helps to control aggression and conflicts.
- Body language can show you are energetic in a group discussion.
When communicating, it is important for us to have positive body gestures. Direct and steady eye contact is the most important of them.