Importance of Initiation in a group discussion
In a group discussion, there may be many people discussing on a topic. Initiation is an attempt to start or initiate a “talk”. Initiation does not mean you interrupt and not allow others to speak. Initiation also means take hold of an opportunity to speak.
- Initiation makes other people realize you are well versed with the topic.
- It helps to sustain confidence throughout the discussion.
- Initiation leaves a positive impression.
- Ideal ways to initiate In a group discussion is through:-
i. Quotes and definitions.
ii. Some known facts and figures.
iii. Short stories.
- Initiating a group discussion also covers up the silence later on.