Importance of Listening in a group discussion
Listening can defined as incorporation of words and their meanings that are spoken. It is an important mode of communication.
Difference between listening and hearing:-
Listening is incorporating words and their meanings by comprehending the same.
Hearing does not involve any understanding.
Active listening is an essential skill for a presenter. Active listening is acquired with attention and understanding ideas and facts.
- Listening in a group discussion helps to give new ideas.
- Listening helps to not jump to conclusions.
- Good listening will avoid aggression because you know what the other person says.
- Listening will help learn something new.
- Listening in a group motivates the environment.
- Good listening skills in a group discussion can help you notice flaws in what others speak.
- Listening will help you comprehend what the other team member speaks even if the topic is not well known.
- Listening keeps you aware and alert.
- If you listen, team mates in the group will listen to you.