Live-in relationships should be encouragedFor
Live-in relationship should be encouraged because it can be the best way to know your partner. In this form of relationship, partners live with each other without being married.
- The likes and dislikes of the partner are known.
- They have all the time with each other because there is no social obligation to fulfill.
- If the couple feels they are not compatible they can easily separate without any guilt or harm.
- If married, it could be one of the ways cut down on divorce rates.
- A sense of maturity is developed amongst the partners which helps them in being with each other later in life.
The biggest drawback of a Live-in relationship is the social stigma in Indian society. People have yet not accepted this form of relationship.
- Because there is no social responsibility, the partner is free. He/she may make misuse of this fact and constantly change partners.
- Live-in relations can definitely hurt sentiments of many communities.
- In a country like India, where love is not merely give and take, its doubtful that living relationships can succeed.
- When the couple is married, they may not be able to live up to the social and domestic responsibilities which they could casually bypass while in a living relationship.
- A Live-in relationship is not as open in India. It may cause a sense of discomforts to people living around.
- Most of the times, living relationships goes against the family. By the time the family accepts, the couple may loose interest in each other!
A live-in relationship is a mutual agreement between two partners who agree to stay with each other without marriage. They live together as a couple to find if they are compatible. If they feel they are not compatible, they separate.
Live-in relationships should be encouraged as it gives the partners a chance to understand each other. The partners are free from any social obligations and can hence live without any guilt. They reduce the number of divorces and the mental torture families go through. It reduces domestic violence as the partner can leave anytime.
Drawbacks of a living relationship are quite evident – the social stigma attached. Country like India is not ready to accept such a form of a relationship. The level of compatibility before marriage becomes entirely different after marriage. Hence problems can occur anyway.
Commitment is an important aspect of any relation. In live-in relationship commitment is only mutual as there is no social thumbnail attached to it. Hence the partners need to really understand each other very well. Any relationship, whether a live-in or marriage should ensure that it causes no domestic violence. Domestic violence leads to mental imbalance and psychological differences in children.