Media is a mixed blessing/How ethical is media?
We all know it for a fact that media is know for its freedom of speech. In a democratic country like India, media plays a very important role.
- It broadcasts news nearly 24/7 and 365 days a year.
- It helps people realize their duties.
- It helps people get an update of each and every event happening around the world.
- It introduces new job opportunities in fields like journalism, advertising etc.
- It helps the country fight against issues like terrorism.
- It helps people realize the economic status of the counties all over the globe.
- It helps citizens realize how people in the army lay their lives to save ours!
Some people on the other hand feel media has lost its respect.
- Most of the times media unnecessarily creates a hype of everything.
- The lives of celebrities are often disclosed in an unethical manner.
- Most of the times, it wastes its time in silly matters like domestic issues rather than digging into the cause behind them.
- Most of the times their allegations are not true. This puts lives of many people and their career at stake.
- The verbiage used by media at times is very offensive. This is done to grasp the audience’s attention.
It’s true that we can’t live without media. Most of us switch to news the first channel we surf once the television is on. Media helps different countries to “talk” to each other. As long as the allegations are not false and the news don’t hurt any sentiments of an individual or community, we all can accept media with open hands.