What is SOAP?- SOAP stands for Simple Object Access Protocol.
- SOAP is an XML-based protocol that enables two components to communicate each other.
- It has the rules to translate platform specific data into the XML format.
- Web services are based on SOAP protocol in order to expose their functionality to disparate application and platform.
Advantages of SOAP:
- It defines its own security which is known as Web Service Security.
- It can be written in any programming language and executed on any platform.
Disadvantages of SOAP:
- It consumes more bandwidth and resource.
- It is slow.
- It does not have any other mechanism to discover the service.