What is Network Mask?- A network mask is used for determination of what subnet an IP address belongs to.
- An IP address has network address and the host address.
- The first two numbers represents the network address and the second two numbers represents the host of the network.
- It is used in computer networking to define the class and range of the Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- It provides the available number range of the Ip addresses from Class A to Class C and a mask is specified to divide these networks into the sub-networks.
- Generally a netmask and subnet are used alternatively.
- Subnets are created after netmask is applied.