Explain the advantages and disadvantages of RPC.Advantages of RPC:
- Server independent.
- Process-oriented and thread oriented models supported by RPC.
- The development of distributed systems is simple because it uses straightforward semantics and easier.
- Like the common communications between the portions of an application, the development of the procedures for the remote calls is quite general.
- The procedure calls preserves the business logics which is apt for the application.
- The code re-writing / re-developing effort is minimized.
- Enables the usage of the applications used in the distributed environment, not only in the local environment.
Disadvantages of RPC:
- Context switching increases scheduling costs
- RPC is not a standard – it is an idea that can be implemented in many ways
- RPC does not solve the most of the distribution creation problems
- RPC is only interaction based. This does not offer any flexibility in terms of hardware architecture.
Explain the advantages and disadvantages of RPC.Advantages:
- RPC provides interoperability between CORBA ORB implementations.
- A lightweight RPC protocol permits efficient implementations.
- RPC implementations are not yet mature.
- It requires the TCP/IP protocol. Other transport protocols are not supported yet.
- Not yet proven over wide-area networks.