Explain the Load testing process.The following steps are involved in Load testing process:
1. Plan the test - A clearly defined test plan need to be developed for ensuring the test scenarios in order to accomplish the objectives of load testing.
2. Creation of Vusers - Vusers scripts are created which contains the tasks performed by each and every Vuser and all Vuser tasks collectively as a whole.
3. Creation of scenario - The events that occur during the testing session are described. This process includes the list machines, scripts, and Vusers which run during the scenario. The Load Runner controller is used for creation of automatic scenarios.
What is difference between load test and performance test?More stress is involved in performance testing, on system and checks whether the system performance is same as the less stress condition. Where as in load testing the stress is kept beyond the limit specified by the client.
Performance testing is the super set of load testing. Load testing involves the testing process which determines how well the system is capable for handling concurrent users or the load. Where as performance testing includes the load as well as the stress testing.
What is the difference between Scalability testing and load testing?Applications under heavy loads like testing of website under various ranges of loads for determining the degrading the response time of the system is determined by load testing.
Where as Scalability testing focuses on the performance of the web sites hardware and software products. It also focuses on internal applications at all stages for minimum and maximum loads.
Explain the Load testing process.1. Once the load test is planned, load testing begins. It starts with RECORDING USER SCEANRIOS in which different scenarios of the application are noted. The scenarios are recorded in load test script. E.g. User browsing pages.
2. The load test script prepared needs to be PARAMETERIZED to allow different inputs to the server. This is done by first identifying the list of values to be parameterized. Different set of values can then be passed to the server. E.g. different user names and passwords for login.
3. The user scenarios after recording, needs to be GROUP as user profiles to map real time user activities. The % of workload for each user scenario needs to be found as well. The grouping is done based on the activities few users may perform on the application. E.g. test users.
4. The applications RESPONSE TO LOAD needs to be determined. This will help in determining the performance of the system.
5. The LOAD TEST CASES are then prepared. The test cases associate the user profiles with workloads.
6. The test cases prepared are then EXECUTED. This can be done by clicking on the PLAY option.
7. The results of the test cases are then ANALYZED. The reports and graphs page displayed is used for this purpose.