Explain WinRunner testing processThere are six main stages in WinRunner testing:
1. Creation of GUI map file for recognizing the GUI objects in the software application
2. Creation of test scripts by recording, programming or the combination of both. Check points are inserted while recording tests, for checking the response of the application being tested.
3. Run the tests in debug mode for ensuring the run in smooth way
4. Test run in verify mode for testing the application
5. View Results - for determining the success or failure of the tests.
6. Reporting Defects - Report the defect information, if the test run fails, about the defect directly from the Test Results window.
Explain WinRunner testing processThe testing process in WinRunner is divided into six main stages:
1. GUI Map files creation – This is used to identify the GUI objects of the application that will be tested.
2. Test Scripts creation - Here, the test scripts are recorded. Checkpoints can be inserted.
3. Debug tests - using debug mode, the tests should be debugged.
4. Run tests - Using verify mode, the test cases should be run.
5. View results - The results help to determine the success or failure of test cases.
6. Report defects - If the test has failed, a defect can be reported from the test results window.