What is load testing? What is Performance testing?- Load testing is the process of measuring a system’s response. In case the load is raised beyond the usage patterns, it is known as stress testing. It is a process involved as a part of performance testing. Examples of load testing are –
- Downloading a set of large files
- Executing multiple applications on a single computer system / server simultaneously
- Assigning many tasks to a printer one after another
- Subjecting a server to a large number of email traffic
- Performance testing is a process for determining the speed of the computer system’s performance. It includes network and other software programs execution. The process includes the quantitative tests that are performed in lab such as response time measurement, number of Million Instructions Per Second at which the system functions. The attributes of quality like reliability, scalability and interoperability would also be evaluated.
- Load testing is pressurizing the system until its threshold to see its response. Example can be allowing many users to access a system concurrently to notice the behavior of the system. Browse functionality can be tested by uploading large files.
- Performance testing involves testing the performance of the system with respect to speed and performance. It includes measuring response time of application, reliability, scalability etc.