What are the pre-requisites to start automation testing?The first step is to segregate the different test cases that are to be automated, followed by preparing test data as per the needs of the test cases. Reusable functions need to be written which are frequently used in those test cases. Later test scripts are prepared by using reusable functions and apply loops and conditions wherever necessary.
In a nut shell, the following are the pre-requisites for starting automation testing:
1. Build should always be stable.
2. Get the functionalities to repeat.
3. Filtering the automated test cases.
4. Skilled and experienced resources.
5. A module or application that does not change frequently.
6. Segregation of test cases that needs to be automated.
7. Use of reusable functions and procedures.