What is Bug/Defect?Bug: A bug is defined as an error that was found before the application goes into production. A bug gives a subliminal impression which crawled into the developer’s code quite independently of the software developer.
Defect: A defect is defined as an error that was found after the application goes into production. It presents cold harsh reality which the engineer, analyst or designer actually get something wrong.
- A bug is an error, mistake made in programming. An application is usually expected to be bug free. Bugs prevent the application to respond or behave the way it is expected.
Explain the categories of Defects.Various categories of defects:
1. Omission: Failure to include or gather a requirement which causes a defect.
2. Lack of knowledge: When failure to understand a requirement due to lack of knowledge causes a defect.
3. Miscommunication: When incorrect or communication or misunderstandings in communication cause a defect to occur.
4. Accidental: When the requirement is gathered correctly and knowledge is available and even then a mistake is done.