16. What are the functions of Base Station System ( BSS)?
Functions of BSS are as follows :
1. Radio path control.
2. BTS and TC control.
3. Connection establishment with MS-NSS.
4. Mobility management, speech transcoding.
5. Connection of statistical data.
17. What are the parts of Network Management System ( NMS )?
Following are the parts of network management system :
1. OMC : Operation and maintenance center - Computerized monitoring center.
2. NMC : Network Management Center - Centralized control of a network is done
3. OSS : Operation and support system - Used for supporting activities
performed in an OMC and/or NMC.
18. What are applications of DSP?
Some selected applications or digital signal processing that are often
encountered in daily life are listed as follows:
1. Telecommunication: Echo cancellation in telephone networks.
2. Military Radar signal processing
3. Consumer electronics Digital Audio/TV
4. Instrumentation and control
5. Image processing image representation, image compression
6. Speech processing speech analysis methods are used in automatic speech
7. Medicine Medical diagnostic instrumentation such as computerised tomography
8. Seismology DSP techniques are employed in geophysical exploration for oil
9. Signal Filtering Removal of unwanted background noise.