Pros and cons of LINQ (Language-Integrated Query).Pros of LINQ:
- Supports type safety
- Supports abstraction and hence allows developers to extend features such as multi threading.
- Easier to deploy
- Simpler and easier to learn
- Allows for debugging through .NET debugger.
- Support for multiple databases
Cons of LINQ:
- LINQ needs to process the complete query, which might have a performance impact in case of complex queries
- LINQ is generic, whereas stored procedures etc can take full advantage of database features.
- If there has been a change, the assembly needs to be recompiled and redeployed.