1) A box has 5 black and 3 green shirts. One shirt is picked randomly and put in another box. The second box has 3 black and 5 green shirts. Now a shirt is picked from second box. What is the probability of it being a black shirt?
2) If simple interest for 2 years for a sum is Rs. 600 and compound interest for the same sum for 2 years and same rate of interest is Rs. 645, what will be the rate of interest?
3) What is area of shaded portion, where r = 7cm.
a. 616 cm2
b. 336 cm2
c. 168 cm2
d. 784 cm2
4) A solution of honey and water is 28 litres, with honey and water in ratio 4:3. To this a 21 litre honey-water solution is added that has honey to water ratio as 2:1. Again a 51 litre honey-water solution that has honey to water ratio as 9:8 is added to this. After this 10 litre of the solution is replaced with pure honey. What is ratio of water to honey in the final mixture?
5) Consider statements A and B given below and decide whether they are enough to find the time needed for covering same distance downstream as upstream if a boat travels 48 kms upstream in 6 hours.
Statement A – Boat’s speed in still water is 10 km/hr
Statement B – Current speed is 2 km/hr
a. Only statement B is enough
b. Any one statement if given is enough to find the answer
c. Both statements together are needed to find the answer
d. Only statement A is enough
ANSWER: Any one statement if given is enough to find the answer
7) 2 x ? - 6 = 676/26 What will come in place of question mark?
8) (0.4)2 + (0.2)2 = ?
9) (8.01)2 + ? = (8.97)2 What will approximately come in place of question mark?
10) There are four expressions given below separated by ‘=’ sign. Which one of the 4 expressions is not the same as the other three?
62 x 6 = (61)3 = 23+33 = 83 - 142 - 102
b. 83 - 142 - 102
d. All are same
11) If a train crosses a pole in 12 seconds while travelling at a speed of 45km/hr, then in how much time will the train cross a bridge of length 600m at same speed?
a. 1 minute 20 seconds
b. 60 seconds
c. 40 seconds
d. 45 seconds
12) P can do a job in 15 days. In how many days can P and Q together complete the job if Q is twice as fast as P?
a. 3 days
b. 5 days
c. 2 days
d. 6 days
13) Aman invests Rs. 8000 at some rate of interest. Being simple interest the money doubles in 5 years. Raj sees this and invests Rs. 6250 for 3 years at same rate of interest. How much interest does Raj get?
a. Rs. 3750
b. Rs. 6250
c. Rs. 3125
d. Rs. 4250
14) One can is completely filled and contains 100% water. Another similar can is completely filled with a solution of 50% wine and 50% water. When both the cans are emptied in a steel vessel, what will be ratio of water to wine in the vessel?
15) Average age of 5 people in a family is 55 years. However it is seen that 3 of the 5 people also have an average age of 55 years. What will be the average age of remaining two people of the family?
a. 82.5 years
b. 27.5 years
c. 55 years
d. 110 years
16) If upstream speed is 22 km/hr and downstream speed is 34 km/hr, what is speed of boat in still water?
a. 28 km/hr
b. 56 km/hr
c. 17 km/hr
d. 11 km/hr
17) Age of Umesh will be 4 times the age of Reena in 6 years from today. If ages of Umesh and Mahesh are 7 times and 6 times the age of Reena respectively, what is present age of Umesh?
a. 64 years
b. 30 years
c. 48 years
d. 42 years
18) Average age of 5 people is 42 years. Another group has 8 people who have average age of 81 years. When both groups are mixed what is average age of all people?
a. 64 years
b. 66 years
c. 61.5 years
d. 70 years
19) At the end of 2 years difference between simple and compound interest is Rs. 2166. If the principal is Rs. 60000, then what is the rate of interest?
20) Aman got a salary of Rs. 8600. The salary was invested by him in two parts. Find the difference between the two parts of his salary, if in first part he got some simple interest at 15% per annum in 4 years, which was same as the second part which he invested at 20% for 3 years.
a. Rs. 0
b. Rs. 2400
c. Rs. 100
d. Rs. 4500