Promotion of Digidhan and cashless transactions are part of the mission to bring digital transactions to the fore.
Keeping this in mind, a Digidhan Fair was held in Motihari, Bihar.
The fair involved banks, Common Service Centres (CSC), private digital payment service providers etc. informing the consumers as well as traders about the new technology.
Government has taken several initiatives to promote cashless transactions. Keeping cashless transaction and increasing population of educated youth under consideration, the government has launched Bheem App, which is quite popular.
So far 1.25 crore people have been linked to the App and a transaction of Rs. 361 crore has been made.
More than 100 crore phones are there in India and out of them 30-40 crore is smartphones.
There are about 50 crore internet users.
If used properly, credit cards won’t be required.
Banks have devised UPI cards under which if the mobile app is downloaded, people can do the transaction through any bank on the basis of their phone numbers.
2.15 crore railway tickets are booked out of which 1.30 crore tickets are booked online. He informed that there is 144 crore bank accounts by and large, out of them 117 are the savings account.
A total number of Jandhan account is 28.02 crore.
So far 40 crore bank accounts are linked to Aadhaar Cards.
Total number of Aadhaar cards is 113 crore and there is 20.13 crore POS machines in the country and by the end of this month 10 lakh new machines will be added.
Apart from this, there is 5.7 crore e-wallet users and 110.6 crore credit/debit cards.
So far 21.9 crore consumers have got Rupay cards and its usage has increased up to 40% in the recent time.
Steps to Curb Black Money: Know More
- Special Investigation Team (SIT) was constituted.
- A law was made to tackle undeclared foreign assets and deposits.
- India revised the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) with Mauritius and Cyprus
- A treaty was signed with Switzerland to obtain information about the bank accounts of Indians in HSBC bank.
- Cashless and digital payments have to be promoted
- Benami Transaction act will be modified.
- Income declaration scheme 2016