Database roles.- Database level roles are used to manage the security of the database.
- The role can be either fixed or flexible.
- Fixed roles are predefined while flexible roles can be created.
- Examples of some fixed database level roles are db_owner, db_securityadmin, db_datawriter etc.
- Fixed database roles are defined at the database level and exist in each database.
- Members of the db_owner database role can manage fixed database role membership.
- You can add any database account and other SQL Server roles into database-level roles.
- Each member of a fixed database role can add other logins to that same role.